Saturday, August 18, 2012

One of My Favorite Women...

For those who know me well, you are aware of what I am about to say. I had magazine covers and spreads hanging on my college dorm walls all four of my undergraduate years. In middle school and high school, my friends and I would try to perfect her booty pop. She is still a consistent presence in my six-disk CD changer in my '05 Pontiac G6 and will always be one of my favorite ringtones.

Beyonce has to be my favorite celebrity. I love her music, her confidence, her ability to make her private life private and the way she holds humanitarian work so close to her heart. When she sets her mind to something, she will complete it. She is a great business women and at the end of the day seems to put her family and friends before her work. I have heard her say countless times that she is in the music industry because she not only loves music, but wants to make a difference in someone's life. I hope for the same one day...but I have a feeling Beyonce is completing this dream on a much larger scale.

Any way, in this drastic change from college student to young professional, I use her music as a tool. If I am having a rough day at work I will listen to one of her most popular tracks with Destiny's Child, "Survivor" to give me a confidence boost. If I am in a care-free state of mind one of her newest singles, "Love On Top" will be blasted in my car with the windows down. And any time I need a good laugh at work, the "Single Ladies" SNL skit with Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, and Any Samberg will be viewed during my lunch break. Nothing better than grown men in tight black leotards!

Either way if you have not already seen her video of "I Was Here" that premiered this past week please feel free to take the next couple of minutes and watch...You will not be disappointed!

"I was here, I lived, I loved..."

No comments:

Post a Comment