Monday, April 15, 2013

#PrayForBoston


Today has been a crazy day for me. And yet, God’s Word, especially today has made me feel at peace. This morning as I trudged into work, crossing Arlington Street and continuing down Boylston, I was amazed at how festive the streets of Boston looked for the Boston Marathon. I was jealous of those being able to enjoy the festivities, while I had to work in my stuffy office just a stone’s throw from the finish line. What a tease! How I longed to be down there, experiencing all of the greatness that is the finish line of the Boston Marathon… Then tragedy stuck. My office shook with terror… A building of 27 floors shook with a terrible boom that made us all think it was a cannon or even an earthquake… I was wrong… How wrong I was.
Boylston, Street, Boston, MA: 8:30am
This morning on my way into town I was a little late leaving the house. I thought, “I really need to watch my stress level. I should just get up a little bit earlier to get just a little bit more work done while everyone else is out of the office.” How ironic that thought is now.
The events at the Boston Marathon completely filled my mind as I sit here tonight. Even still, I am able to find some peace. Psalm 107: 19...This verse hold great meaning to me. So many are ailing tonight. So many, including me, are frightened to be in their homes. Yet, I know one thing to be true above all. God with me and those that are in distress. He can hear our pain, Boston's pain. He knows that evil is out there, but when we ask for help, he hears us and comforts us.
 
Boylston Street, Boston, MA:  2:45pm, minutes before explosions.



I know one thing tonight… I am thankful for my family and friends, those that I love. And my heart and prayers go out the victims.… “Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress…” Thank you to all of the police and firefighters for keeping us as safe as possible today. You are making me feel just that much better. I am proud to be a Bostonian, an American. #prayforBoston

Boston Common, Boston, MA:  4:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment